In day-to-day commercial vehicle operations, tire costs are taken for granted. Tires rank behind only labor and fuel in the operational cost of doing business.
While tires aren’t cheap, it’s the hidden cost of running tires with improper air pressure that can really hurt a fleet over time.
• Improper inflation accounts for 80% of retread separations, cuts, bruises, flats and blowouts.
• For every 1 PSI of underinflation there is a 0.8% increase in fuel consumption.
• Underinflation of 5 PSI reduces tire life by 25%
• Even without punctures, tires lose two pounds of pressure a month just by air permeating the inner liner. Air also escapes between the bead and wheel, tire valves and valve cores.
• Only 22% of drivers check pressure before each trip, and only 37% of those use a pressure gauge.
• Down time and expenses for tire repairs are estimated at $450 per occurrence.
The VIGIA Automatic Tire Pressure System checks tires automatically while you drive and maintains tire pressure even with a puncture.
MORE MILES, LOWER COSTS
Built to Last
VIGIA works by controlling the pressure for all tires mounted on one or more axles. Should tire pressure drop, the system draws air from one of the vehicle's air tanks (not from other tires) and feeds it to the proper tire or tires. In the event of an extreme air loss, such as a blow-out, the system's safety valve will shut off all air flow.
"We virtually eliminated all roadside service and substantially increased tire life" - BFI Canada -
"With a big puncture on one of our trucks, Vigia allowed the driver to make it all the way back, saving the tire and the one beside it. Vigia makes sense" - City of Toronto -
"With Vigia we have saved literally thousands and thousands of dollars in tires and time" S.P. - Owner Operator -